开心8特码资料:Xi, Greek PM visit Piraeus Port, hail BRI cooperation
香港六合彩特码资料查询 www.uzhmb.tw ATHENS - Chinese President Xi Jinping and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis on Monday visited the Piraeus Port, a flagship project in bilateral collaboration, and hailed it as a success under the Belt and Road cooperation.
In 2009, a subsidiary of China Ocean Shipping Company, also known as COSCO, started managing the Piraeus Port's container terminals. In 2016, COSCO acquired a majority stake in the port and formally took over its management and operation.
So far, the project has created jobs for over 10,000 local people directly and indirectly, and has built the Piraeus Port into the largest port in the Mediterranean region and one of the fastest growing container terminals in the world.
Upon their arrival, Xi and his wife Peng Liyuan, accompanied by the Greek prime minister and his wife, were warmly welcomed by Chinese and foreign employees waving national flags of the two countries.
Talking with Xi about their work and life, representatives of local staff extended heartfelt gratitude to COSCO for providing them with job opportunities in the most difficult times during the Greek debt crisis.
Thanks to the Chinese company, they now enjoy stable jobs and happy lives, the Greek employees told Xi.
- 3 men held for testing home-made bombs in Tuen Mun
- Top political advisor stresses all-round prosperity in ethnic minority regions
- HK govt officials to go live online to connect with the public
- Endangered deer spotted in NW China's Qilian Mountains
- Former court president punished for discipline violations
- Fire in southern Taiwan kills seven, injures two